KBWI - Baltimore/Washington Airport 8/4/2018

Post images from recent spotting trips, your accepted photos on Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net, or get pre- and post-screening advice.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

KBWI - Baltimore/Washington Airport 8/4/2018

Post by Moose135 »

I'm heading back to Charlotte after spending some time on Long Island dealing with family issues (translation, no time for JFK/LGA spotting... :shifty: ) I stopped at the BWI spotter park near the approach end of 33L. I didn't have a lot of time, but got some cool catches.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: KBWI - Baltimore/Washington Airport 8/4/2018

Post by Cary »

Darn, I almost made the trip down there, but I couldn't justify driving 5 hours r/t for just one of the Shark Weeks (looks like you might have just missed it...came in shortly after 6. Might try to go down there tomorrow, if the weather and planes cooperate :) Nice shots...love when the BA 787 comes in there.
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Thanks, Cary! Yeah, I got there around 7pm, just decided to make a quick stop as I was heading down I-95. They were landing 33L for a change - I've stopped a couple of times when they were heading the opposite direction, and departure shots aren't that great from the park.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:Thanks, Cary! Yeah, I got there around 7pm, just decided to make a quick stop as I was heading down I-95. They were landing 33L for a change - I've stopped a couple of times when they were heading the opposite direction, and departure shots aren't that great from the park.
You did much better than me. I made the drive down today...got cloudy right around downtown Baltimore and actually started drizzling (on a day that was forecast to be Sunny all day). They were arriving at the park (with a light tailwind) when I got there, but there was no sun. Then the wind increased and a couple of WNs went around due to a tailwind. Right before the sun finally emerged, they switched to Runway 10, which is pretty much unshootable. So I drove about 6 hours (there was a crash on the I-95 bridge in MD) to get 4 photos of a WN and DL in filtered sun. Then sun was out virtually the entire drive home :thumbdown:
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr