Show us your worst?

Post images from recent spotting trips, your accepted photos on Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net, or get pre- and post-screening advice.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
Stewart94
Fokker Fixer
Fokker Fixer

Re: Show us your worst?

Post by Stewart94 »

Been a while since posted some of my "finest" work..

Was hoping to frame a P-3 above the assembled photographers although got too ambitious with the shutter speed - didn't really matter anyway since it came in lower than I expected :(

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Len90
First Class
First Class

Post by Len90 »

An example of my two most common problems at JFK 22L arrivals from the street. Just not worth getting destroyed by the bugs on top of the hill with 3 feet tall weeds.

ImageIMG_6195 by Len81490, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6175 by Len81490, on Flickr
View my photos: Airliners.net | Flickr
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

New Frontier/Septa hybrid:
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

Len90
First Class
First Class

Post by Len90 »

I present the LH pole and LH tree hybrids:

ImageIMG_1693 by Len, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1700 by Len, on Flickr
View my photos: Airliners.net | Flickr
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class

Post by JKPhotos »

Cary wrote:The wrong settings one reminds me of when I went to Maho Beach early in the morning, to catch the Amerijet 727. It was the first plane that arrived. I hit it perfectly, full frame, sharp, level, nicely centered and with a ridiculously nice cloud backdrop. I thought "wow, I finally got the perfect shot!" Then I looked at the details, and noticed I had left the ISO at 1600, from the night before, when I was trying for some low light panning shots :x Luckily, it was with my new 5D, which handles high ISO infinitely better than the 7D I used the year before.

Just saw this post, stuff like this happened to me as well. But man, you were really lucky to be using a full frame camera, with any crop size cam this shot would have been more or less ruined.

Great shots by the way, fantastic light and atmosphere!
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

JKPhotos wrote:
Cary wrote:The wrong settings one reminds me of when I went to Maho Beach early in the morning, to catch the Amerijet 727. It was the first plane that arrived. I hit it perfectly, full frame, sharp, level, nicely centered and with a ridiculously nice cloud backdrop. I thought "wow, I finally got the perfect shot!" Then I looked at the details, and noticed I had left the ISO at 1600, from the night before, when I was trying for some low light panning shots :x Luckily, it was with my new 5D, which handles high ISO infinitely better than the 7D I used the year before.

Just saw this post, stuff like this happened to me as well. But man, you were really lucky to be using a full frame camera, with any crop size cam this shot would have been more or less ruined.

Great shots by the way, fantastic light and atmosphere!
Thanks! Yes, the 5D Mark III definitely saved me. My original 7D was even grainy at ISO 100...I don't even want to think about it at 1600) :)
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom