KEWR - 11/17 (Jet2 A330-200, Miami Air TUIfly hybrid)

Post images from recent spotting trips, your accepted photos on Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net, or get pre- and post-screening advice.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

KEWR - 11/17 (Jet2 A330-200, Miami Air TUIfly hybrid)

Post by Cary »

Picked up two catches at Newark on back to back days, although both were with the sun at a bad angle, which is standard for anything good that comes to EWR :D The fact that the Jet2 has a dark wing underside (being an ex-Royal Air Force Airbus A330 MRTT), doesn't help.

Jet2 Airbus A330-243 - G-VYGL, on AeroPX

Miami Air International Boeing 737-8K5 - N748MA, on AeroPX
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class

Re: KEWR - 11/17 (Jet2 A330-200, Miami Air TUIfly hybrid)

Post by JKPhotos »

Wow, sure light could have been better, but still rather nice catches and you made the best out of it!

I didn't knew, that Tuifly leased a 738 to Miami Air, and wasn't aware that the jet2 A330 was doing transatlantic flights.
Was it a charter?
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

JKPhotos wrote:Wow, sure light could have been better, but still rather nice catches and you made the best out of it!

I didn't knew, that Tuifly leased a 738 to Miami Air, and wasn't aware that the jet2 A330 was doing transatlantic flights.
Was it a charter?
Thanks Julien! Jet2 does holiday shopping charters to EWR every year in November/December. It used to be 2 or 757s in past years, but this year, up to 4 Jet2 flights come in on certain days, all around noon (3x 757 and the A330). Pretty interesting to see 4 Jet2 planes parked on the field at the same time, at an airport where they rarely fly to.
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Len90
First Class
First Class

Post by Len90 »

Cary wrote:
JKPhotos wrote:Wow, sure light could have been better, but still rather nice catches and you made the best out of it!

Was it a charter?
Thanks Julien! Jet2 does holiday shopping charters to EWR every year in November/December. It used to be 2 or 757s in past years, but this year, up to 4 Jet2 flights come in on certain days, all around noon (3x 757 and the A330). Pretty interesting to see 4 Jet2 planes parked on the field at the same time, at an airport where they rarely fly to.
They actually started the charter flights in October this year. We are seeing a lot more variety with the Jet2 fleet this year in EWR. It used to be majority of the time the same 3-4 allegiant looking registrations. This year the other scheme has shown up more as well.

There are actually 2 miami air planes leased from Tui. N748MA and N750MA.
View my photos: Airliners.net | Flickr