KJQF - Concord Regional - Ongoing Thread

Post images from recent spotting trips, your accepted photos on Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net, or get pre- and post-screening advice.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

KJQF - Concord Regional - Ongoing Thread

Post by Moose135 »

As the NASCAR season heats up, there's plenty of action out of Concord.

From a week ago, Joe Gibbs Racing CRJ-700. It was waiting to head to Richmond, VA to pick up team members after the race.

Also from last week, a ERJ-145LR - it's spent time with a variety of regional airlines, including work for US Airways Express / Chautauqua. It was most recently operated by Shuttle America, but it appears it was one of the airframes they divested themselves of as part of the Republic bankruptcy. It made several round trips between Concord and Richmond over the race weekend.

Some of the NASCAR Air Force returning from Talladega, Alabama last evening after the race.

Len90
First Class
First Class

Re: KJQF - Concord Regional - Ongoing Thread

Post by Len90 »

N286SK that was most recently in the Delta Connection colors. That was part of the group of planes that were originally US Express, then Continental Express, and finally Delta Connection. If I recall that was one of the last planes that flew with the Continental name (other than the 739 in the retro CO colors). Interesting to note just the titles and tail are all that were changed on it from the Delta days of that bird.

Great set and that is some bright vibrant afternoon lighting you have there on those arrival shots.
View my photos: Airliners.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

I grabbed a better show of the SkyValue ERJ this afternoon at Concord. It's flying multiple trips to MCI for the NASCAR race in Kansas this weekend. It looks like it is now flying for Aerodynamics Inc. They fly charter work (I've caught Aerodynamics flights into JQF in the past for NASCAR charters) and also fly scheduled service out west as Great Lakes Jet Express.

Also caught this King Air 350, owned by a Heating and Air company on the Carolina coast.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:I grabbed a better show of the SkyValue ERJ this afternoon at Concord. It's flying multiple trips to MCI for the NASCAR race in Kansas this weekend. It looks like it is now flying for Aerodynamics Inc. They fly charter work (I've caught Aerodynamics flights into JQF in the past for NASCAR charters) and also fly scheduled service out west as Great Lakes Jet Express.

Also caught this King Air 350, owned by a Heating and Air company on the Carolina coast.

Love that SkyValue...now I have to see where to go to get it/one.
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

The Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation brought their C-54 into Concord today - the Berlin Airlift Veterans Association is having its annual reunion in Charlotte this week, and the C-54 is in town for several days to allow them to visit.

I had a chance to catch up with Tim Chopp, the president of the BAHF, and he said they are on target to fly the C-97 out of FBF on Monday, November 6. If that date stays firm, I may need to find my way up to see it fly.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:The Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation brought their C-54 into Concord today - the Berlin Airlift Veterans Association is having its annual reunion in Charlotte this week, and the C-54 is in town for several days to allow them to visit.

I had a chance to catch up with Tim Chopp, the president of the BAHF, and he said they are on target to fly the C-97 out of FBF on Monday, November 6. If that date stays firm, I may need to find my way up to see it fly.

Awesome, and thanks for the update on the C-97. If you hear anything new, please try to let me know as I'd take the day off to see that :)

felipegcmh
Business Class
Business Class

Post by felipegcmh »

Is the C-54 also based out of Floyd Bennett? Or do they keep it in a different airport that isn't "closed"?
View my photos: JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

They used to keep the C-54 in the same hangar as the C-97 during the winter, but they haven't had it there in several years. I know they had been operating out of south NJ for a while, but I'm not sure if they still do, or if there is somewhere else they keep it these days.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Last night for the NASCAR Coca Cola 600 here in Charlotte, they had 4 USMC MV-22 Ospreys for the pre-race flyover. They flew out of Concord, and we took a ride over today, just in time to see them depart:

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Very cool!

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

N411DE, a Department of Energy / National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) Nuclear Emergency Support Team Bell 412 at Concord Regional Airport. It's in town to survey radiation levels prior to the Republican National Convention in Charlotte.

N1RJ, HondaJet HA-120 owned by Jackson Executive Transport based in Jackson, Michigan

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:It's in town to survey radiation levels prior to the Republican National Convention in Charlotte.
Say what? Oh, and nice pics :P