EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post images from recent spotting trips, your accepted photos on Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net, or get pre- and post-screening advice.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
Post Reply
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class
Posts: 253
Joined: Mar 20, 2016

EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by JKPhotos »

Hi guys,

as I have some shots that I won't upload to any aviation website that might still be interesting I decided to open a new thread.

Today we had the first visit ever of an Lufthansa 350 for an official presentation at the carrier's homebase. It will only fly from Munich normally, so this will be a one-off. And yeah that's the reason I shortly went out, despite the cloudy weather...

So here it is, like I said before unfortunately in less-than-ideal light

D-AIXA
ImageLufthansa A350 by Julien Klein, auf FlickrI
User avatar
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 1740
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
Contact:

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by Cary »

JKPhotos wrote:Hi guys,

as I have some shots that I won't upload to any aviation website that might still be interesting I decided to open a new thread.

Today we had the first visit ever of an Lufthansa 350 for an official presentation at the carrier's homebase. It will only fly from Munich normally, so this will be a one-off. And yeah that's the reason I shortly went out, despite the cloudy weather...

So here it is, like I said before unfortunately in less-than-ideal light

D-AIXA
ImageLufthansa A350 by Julien Klein, auf FlickrI
Nice catch! Do you happen to know of any US routes besides Boston, that they will use the A350 on?
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class
Posts: 253
Joined: Mar 20, 2016

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by JKPhotos »

No, as for now only Delhi and Boston are planned. I heard rumours considering other future destinations in the US, but as I have no idea how reliable that source is I won't spread those.
User avatar
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 1740
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
Contact:

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by Cary »

JKPhotos wrote:No, as for now only Delhi and Boston are planned. I heard rumours considering other future destinations in the US, but as I have no idea how reliable that source is I won't spread those.
Thanks, hopefully they will fly it to someplace closer to me, as BOS is about a 6 hour drive :)
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class
Posts: 253
Joined: Mar 20, 2016

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by JKPhotos »

Cary wrote:
JKPhotos wrote:No, as for now only Delhi and Boston are planned. I heard rumours considering other future destinations in the US, but as I have no idea how reliable that source is I won't spread those.
Thanks, hopefully they will fly it to someplace closer to me, as BOS is about a 6 hour drive :)
The odds are good that sooner or later they will... Both JFK and EWR are operated with an A346 currently (from MUC), the A350 is supposed to replace the 340s there. So independent from any rumours, it seems logic that on some day you will see the 350 a lot closer to your home :D
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class
Posts: 253
Joined: Mar 20, 2016

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by JKPhotos »

Today we had this nice bird flying for Condor on a subcharter.

Luck wasn't on my side, the sun dissappeared 5 minutes before... :eh:
9H-TQM Hi Fly Malta:
ImageHi Fly Malta 9H-TQM by Julien Klein, auf Flickr
User avatar
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 1740
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
Contact:

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by Cary »

JKPhotos wrote:Today we had this nice bird flying for Condor on a subcharter.

Luck wasn't on my side, the sun dissappeared 5 minutes before... :eh:
9H-TQM Hi Fly Malta:
ImageHi Fly Malta 9H-TQM by Julien Klein, auf Flickr
Too bad about the sun, but the picture still looks nice and being all black helps :)
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class
Posts: 253
Joined: Mar 20, 2016

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by JKPhotos »

Some days a go, we had a first visit of an Air Canada Airplane in new colours. Took them a while, especially considering that Frankfurt is a major AC hub.
I kind of like the new livery, have to say it looks rather cool.
And the shot will be on the packaging of the 1:500 scale model from Herpa :D

ImageAir Canda 787-8 C-GHPQ in Frankfurt by Julien Klein, auf Flickr

Greetings,

Julien
User avatar
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 1740
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
Contact:

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by Cary »

JKPhotos wrote:Some days a go, we had a first visit of an Air Canada Airplane in new colours. Took them a while, especially considering that Frankfurt is a major AC hub.
I kind of like the new livery, have to say it looks rather cool.
And the shot will be on the packaging of the 1:500 scale model from Herpa :D

ImageAir Canda 787-8 C-GHPQ in Frankfurt by Julien Klein, auf Flickr

Greetings,

Julien
Congrats Julien! You should update us with a shot of the packaging, when it's released :)
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class
Posts: 253
Joined: Mar 20, 2016

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by JKPhotos »

Thanks Cary, will do so. There is a United 787-9 coming out with one of my shots as well, and I have two that are already available (a AC789 in the old livery and a Finnair 350).
User avatar
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 1740
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
Contact:

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by Cary »

JKPhotos wrote:Thanks Cary, will do so. There is a United 787-9 coming out with one of my shots as well, and I have two that are already available (a AC789 in the old livery and a Finnair 350).
Nice! Did they find your photos through one of the sites, or did you proactively market to them?
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class
Posts: 253
Joined: Mar 20, 2016

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by JKPhotos »

I was actively marketing them, first looking for a contact and then seeing how I could get in. It took me some time and I had to insist quite a bit at first, but it paid off in the end. These days I look at the new releases and send them my shots of the ones I have and then we'll see.
I am collecting these model, so for me it was a big honour getting my first model with my shot on it. :D

But I know that they are also looking a.net and asking photographers.


Here is the packaking of my first two
ImageIMG_3997a

And a small part of my collection (with mainly my newsest ones):
ImageIMG_3998a
User avatar
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 1740
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
Contact:

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by Cary »

JKPhotos wrote:I was actively marketing them, first looking for a contact and then seeing how I could get in. It took me some time and I had to insist quite a bit at first, but it paid off in the end. These days I look at the new releases and send them my shots of the ones I have and then we'll see.
I am collecting these model, so for me it was a big honour getting my first model with my shot on it. :D

But I know that they are also looking a.net and asking photographers.


Here is the packaking of my first two
ImageIMG_3997a

And a small part of my collection (with mainly my newsest ones):
ImageIMG_3998a
Very awesome. A little hard work and persistence goes a long way. Congrats!!
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class
Posts: 253
Joined: Mar 20, 2016

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by JKPhotos »

Lately we do get the United 77W on different flights, apparently some route proving.

This week I caught the "New Spirit of United" one morning.
Currently a bit at al loss with a.net (some rather strange things going on there), but there are other ways to share

ImageN2331U United 77W FRA by Julien Klein, auf Flickr
User avatar
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 1740
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
Contact:

Re: EDDF - Frankfurt airport (ongoing thread)

Post by Cary »

Very nice! I still need a better shot of that one at EWR :)
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Post Reply