KCLT - Ongoing Thread

Post images from recent spotting trips, your accepted photos on Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net, or get pre- and post-screening advice.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: KCLT - Ongoing Thread

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:That is a neat paint scheme - just wish we had better conditions to shoot it. If I ever go to another air show down this way, maybe I'll get a chance. ;)
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't spotted in nice conditions in about 2 months, despite making 3 trips to JFK. Every time, it seems to get overcast right when all the good stuff comes in, then clears up right afterward :cry:
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

jetBlue had suspended service to CLT in early May, and it looks like they restarted it Thursday. We were getting a couple of E-190s a day to Boston (they switched JFK service with BOS last year) and yesterday they flew an A320 trip BOS-CLT. Today, they used N615JB, the FDNY special scheme, and I took a run down at lunchtime to catch it departing.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Looks like jetBlue has changed their twice a day BOS-CLT E-190 flights into a single A320, and we've gotten a couple of specials already. In addition to the FDNY jet I caught last week, I think their "I Love NY" jet was in one day. Today was the second time "Bear Force One", the Boston Bruins scheme, dropped in, and I was able to get out to catch it.

If they are going to park it here, they need to do a San Jose Sharks jet. ;)

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:Looks like jetBlue has changed their twice a day BOS-CLT E-190 flights into a single A320, and we've gotten a couple of specials already. In addition to the FDNY jet I caught last week, I think their "I Love NY" jet was in one day. Today was the second time "Bear Force One", the Boston Bruins scheme, dropped in, and I was able to get out to catch it.

If they are going to park it here, they need to do a San Jose Sharks jet. ;)

Nice! I remember trying to get that one for months, as it was constantly stuck in BOS routes

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Tennessee One paid a visit to CLT on Saturday evening...

We've had quite a bit of haze in the air from wildfires and the Saharan dust cloud. It was tough to see Uptown from the airport!

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

We've had some interesting sunsets this week, and we stopped by CLT one evening.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

There have been quite a few really nice ones in the past couple of weeks here, too. Just wish there were more flights so I could actually get some photos of a plane in front of one, though :)

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Thanks to some stormy weather in ATL late this afternoon, we had a rare visitor - a Qatar Cargo 777F dropped in.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

AA's Stand Up To Cancer A321 dropped in to CLT today:

Pike the Otter stopped by to see us too!

Taxi!

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:AA's Stand Up To Cancer A321 dropped in to CLT today:
The Qatar Cargo shots are sweet! And my dad's name is on that big red arrow, in between the 3rd and 4th windows on the arrow. I think I can read it! :lol:

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Blue Finest, B6's NYPD themed A320 visited CLT this morning.

I was also able to catch the UPS 767 departing.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

The Las Vegas Raiders made their first road trip to Charlotte to start the NFL season this weekend for a game against the Panthers. They are flying Hawaiian this year - I've caught a few Hawaiian flights in prior years when the Seattle Seahawks used them. We were up on the hourly deck waiting, since CLT was on the 36s, and we knew they were going off 36R. It was great light, but after they joined the departure line, clouds moved in...

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

American parked their A330s when traffic fell off a cliff earlier this year, but were looking at swapping in 772s in their place. They had a couple floating around CLT a couple of months ago for familiarization work, and a few days ago they started operations. Right now, they fly a pair of 772 doing a MIA - CLT - MUC run. The timing works out so the MUC - CLT flight arrives around the same time (maybe 30 minutes apart) as the MIA - CLT flight arrives. A couple of hours later, it departs for MIA, and the second 772 departs for MUC about a half hour later. I don't know about the CLT - MIA leg, but the Munich flight is cargo only.

We caught them both departing Saturday afternoon. We were up on the hourly deck again, and weren't too worried about light, since there was a high overcast. This is the CLT - MIA flight departing on 18L

The CLT - MUC flight ended up going off 18C - and of course, as he was taxiing for departure, the sun came out and we were shooting right into it. It would have been great from the overlook, but we didn't have enough time to get there.

Last edited by Moose135 on September 15th, 2020, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

While we were hanging around the airport this weekend, we did shoot some other stuff too!

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:The Las Vegas Raiders made their first road trip to Charlotte to start the NFL season this weekend for a game against the Panthers. They are flying Hawaiian this year - I've caught a few Hawaiian flights in prior years when the Seattle Seahawks used them. We were up on the hourly deck waiting, since CLT was on the 36s, and we knew they were going off 36R. It was great light, but after they joined the departure line, clouds moved in...

Nice ones. Too bad they don't even have that little Raiders decal anymore :(

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

The Carolina Panthers have switched to Delta for their road game charters this season. We got a DL 777 in to CLT this afternoon, taking the team to Tampa Bay for Sunday's game:

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

The Arizona Cardinals flew into CLT late Friday night on this Atlas Air 744 for their game against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:The Arizona Cardinals flew into CLT late Friday night on this Atlas Air 744 for their game against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon.

Was going to comment how that's the first time I've seen it repainted from the gold colors...until I realized I shot it in Atlas colors last November :|

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

I caught it last October in these colors on an NFL charter, but I never got it in the gold scheme - that would have been a nice one to get.
Len90
First Class
First Class

Post by Len90 »

Moose135 wrote:I caught it last October in these colors on an NFL charter, but I never got it in the gold scheme - that would have been a nice one to get.
I shot it in the Atlas Gold in 2017. Caught them coming into EWR with the Jaguars. Of course it snuck in this week under the cover of night with the Cardinals playing (and likely beating) the Jets.
View my photos: Airliners.net | Flickr