KCLT - Ongoing Thread

Post images from recent spotting trips, your accepted photos on Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net, or get pre- and post-screening advice.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class

Re: KCLT - Ongoing Thread

Post by JKPhotos »

Wow, the Dc-9 is really nice. Never heard of this airline before, though.

The Patriots 763 is a nice catch as well.
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Air Force 1 arrived at CLT this afternoon. They landed 18L, and as usual, I headed up to the Hourly Deck, only to find the top level with barricades blocking the ramp. I parked one deck down and met up with some spotter friends - apparently, CMPD had chased them off the top deck - I've never seen that before, and have photographed AF1 a number of times at CLT. You can see landing aircraft from that level, but you have more light poles and such in the way. As they checked in on final, several of us went up the stairs to the top deck, and photographed from there without a hassle - there were a number of others on the top deck by that time.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

The G-Men are in the house! The NY Giants play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The team charter was a UA 764 (which arrived earlier than I thought) but team co-owner Steve Tisch's Gulfstream G-IV arrived later this afternoon.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:The G-Men are in the house! The NY Giants play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The team charter was a UA 764 (which arrived earlier than I thought) but team co-owner Steve Tisch's Gulfstream G-IV arrived later this afternoon.

Nice one, Moose! I drove 3 hours roundtrip to TEB, just to get that once :lolno:
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Took a ride to CLT this afternoon to get a few shots of the Antonov that showed up at 2am.

While we were shooting the Antonov, I saw something unusual arriving on 36R and I realized it was the Orbis Flying Eye Hospital DC-10!!! Orbis operates this aircraft in developing countries to provide eye care, as well as to teach local doctors. It is a state-of-the-art facility with operating rooms and teaching areas. This aircraft was donated to Orbis by FedEx, who also provide maintenance. It replaced an earlier DC-10, also donated by FedEx. In 2009, the older DC-10 was at LGA for several days, and a group of us got to tour it and see the onboard medical facilities.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Stop making everyone jealous, Moose. That Orbis is awesome!

JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class

Post by JKPhotos »

Cary wrote:Stop making everyone jealous, Moose. That Orbis is awesome!

Well I also like the AN-124. Especially with such a nice blue sky!
But of course any DC-10 in 2018 is a great catch.

Really nice ones.
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

JKPhotos wrote:
Cary wrote:Stop making everyone jealous, Moose. That Orbis is awesome!

Well I also like the AN-124. Especially with such a nice blue sky!
But of course any DC-10 in 2018 is a great catch.

Really nice ones.
Thanks! The Antonov is always nice, but they are something of a semi-regular visitor. Orbis is a one-of-one that I was NOT expecting to ever see at CLT.
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Another interesting visitor to CLT this weekend - Nolinor 737-300. Nolinor is a Montreal-based charter operator, and they flew the Laval Rocket minor league hockey team in to play the Charlotte Checkers.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Also at CLT on Sunday - Hawaiian A330 charter for the Seattle Seahawks, who played the Carolina Panthers Sunday afternoon. HA flies the Seahawks and Oakland Raiders, so when I saw the Seahawks would be in town this season, I made sure to watch for this one. I caught one of their 767s a few years ago when the Raiders were in town.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Nice job as usual! I have to add a reminder in my calendar for when the hockey team plays in the area :)

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Made our first spotting trip of the new year this past Sunday - 65 degrees and sunny was too much to pass up!

In early December, Contour replaced Via Air flying the EAS flights to Beckley, WV and other places.

He was only going to DFW, but they used a whole lot of runway getting out of CLT!

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Very nice Moose...glad you get Contour now...I love their livery when I see it at BWI. And I wish it were in the 60s here. The wind chill is currently about 19F :)

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Delta brought one of their new Airbus A220s (formerly known as the Bombardier CS100) into CLT a couple of times today on proving runs. Interestingly enough, under the nose, ahead of the nose gear, they have the type marked as CS100.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Nice, I'm going to confuse these with E170s when they become more commonplace :)

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Cary wrote:Nice, I'm going to confuse these with E170s when they become more commonplace :)
I first saw one 3 1/2 years ago when I was taking a cross-country road trip. Leaving the hotel in Salina, KS, I saw this thing on approach to the nearby airport. I thought it was an E-jet until I saw the tail markings. Bombardier was using Salina as a test field. Fortunately for me, they came around on another approach, and I had time to put the long lens on the camera:

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:
Cary wrote:Nice, I'm going to confuse these with E170s when they become more commonplace :)
I first saw one 3 1/2 years ago when I was taking a cross-country road trip. Leaving the hotel in Salina, KS, I saw this thing on approach to the nearby airport. I thought it was an E-jet until I saw the tail markings. Bombardier was using Salina as a test field. Fortunately for me, they came around on another approach, and I had time to put the long lens on the camera:

Only you would happen to be in the middle of nowhere and have a CS100/A220 doing tests nearby :D

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

We had another An-124 drop in late last night. They loaded it up this afternoon then buttoned it up for the night.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

And perfect skies, too. That spot seems to work nicely for you :)

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Thanks, Cary! We have been getting the DL A220/CS100 in and out multiple times in the past couple of weeks. When I went down to get the Antonov, one had just departed. It was back again today, and while I missed the arrival, I was able to get the departure from the overlook at 18C.