KCLT - Ongoing Thread

Post images from recent spotting trips, your accepted photos on Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net, or get pre- and post-screening advice.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

KCLT - Ongoing Thread

Post by Moose135 »

Rather than start a new thread every time I go to CLT, I thought I might just create one thread and add to it going forward.

I spent a little time on the Hourly Deck after work on Friday. Warm weather, 36 departures, and the setting sun...

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: KCLT - Ongoing Thread

Post by Cary »

Some great light and captures! Just enough yellow tint to make me happy ;)
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

I thought you would appreciate that, Cary!
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

We finally had a cool afternoon Friday, so I headed out to CLT after work.

A couple of things we won't see in the future - US Airways colors, and the current CLT tower. Construction started this summer on a new, taller tower.

After dark, I headed up to the hourly deck.

After you...No, after you...
A trio of PSA CRJ-900s ready to taxi for takeoff.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Great work as usual, Moose, especially the last one!

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Had a special visitor in town this afternoon:

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Nice catch! She's coming to Philly tomorrow, but don't think I'll be able to get it :/ Hopefully can get Kaine on Wednesday, though.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

I missed Kaine and Pence earlier this week, but we had Hair Force One in CLT today. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a clean shot of it over at the FBO ramp, with bizjets and ramp equipment getting in the way. I've gotten shots of it before, so I wasn't too upset.

Along with the 757, this Miami Air 734 charter was in with it, which I believe is used for the press.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Nice Moose! Every time I look through the candidates' schedules, it seems like NC is there every other day :crazy:

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Cary wrote:Every time I look through the candidates' schedules, it seems like NC is there every other day :crazy:
The upside of living in a swing state is we get these aircraft in all the time. The downside of living in a swing state is the incessant campaign ads on TV. Speaking of which, I heard Tim Kaine will be in CLT on Thursday afternoon. I'll have to find a way to get out of the office for a bit and try to catch his plane.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote:
Cary wrote:I'll have to find a way to get out of the office for a bit and try to catch his plane.
Where there's a will, there's a way ;)

felipegcmh
Business Class
Business Class

Post by felipegcmh »

The 734 might be the press plane. When Trump decided to suddenly travel after one of his scandals (the 2005 video I think), the press wasn't even told, and later the excuse was that due to the urgent nature of the trip, they weren't able to get a flight crew, so it seems like they travel on a different plane altogether, and Pence has the Eastern 737.

Also that plane possibly has a larger amount of business seats, as both forward wing exits are deactivated (ever since it had Miami Air colors).
View my photos: JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

felipegcmh wrote:The 734 might be the press plane. When Trump decided to suddenly travel after one of his scandals (the 2005 video I think), the press wasn't even told, and later the excuse was that due to the urgent nature of the trip, they weren't able to get a flight crew, so it seems like they travel on a different plane altogether, and Pence has the Eastern 737.

Also that plane possibly has a larger amount of business seats, as both forward wing exits are deactivated (ever since it had Miami Air colors).
Yes, it is the press plane. When he last came to PHL, I saw a Miami Air 734 inbound about an hour earlier, but I found the reg and realized I had already shot it:

So, I opted to only go for the Trump 757, but when I got to the airport, I saw the 734 painted in Trump/Pence colors on the ramp :cry: There weren't any shots of it online until that day, so I didn't bother :(

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Cary wrote:Where there's a will, there's a way ;)
This morning, I told the boss "I have a few things to do at lunch, so I'll probably be gone for a while..." He's decidedly a "Red State" kind of guy, so I didn't go into too much detail, but it makes up for the nights I was in the office after 7pm last week. ;)

That Miami Air 738 in the background arrived Wednesday afternoon out of MIA, flying the Miami Heat in for an NBA pre-season game with the Charlotte Hornets.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Very nice, I knew you'd pull it off! :) That location seems to be a goldmine for you. And seems like the orientation of the planes really help with the stairs on the other side (unless they do park the reverse way too, but you don't post those pics because of the stairs) :)

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Thanks, Cary. It does work out well over at the FBO. I don't hang around there, but I've never gotten hassled, the only problem can be other aircraft or ground equipment blocking the view. Pretty much everything pulls straight in and parks, then does a 180 when leaving, so you can get a clean shot. You're facing north when shooting from the fence, so the sun is usually good. There is a spot on the other side of the ramp that I've used from time to time, when I really wanted something and this view was blocked.
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Another campaign visit to Charlotte on Sunday. I'm still missing Mike Pence's plane. He's supposed to be in NC, but not Charlotte, this week. With a couple of weeks to go, I still may have a chance.

I was surprised to see this CRJ pull up to the mainline terminal. Turns out it was from Grand Bahama International (FPO) - they are still recovering from Hurricane Matthew, and weren't able to pre-clear Customs, so they came in to D Concourse where most international flights arrive.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Turns out Pence did fly into CLT this afternoon - his first campaign stop was in Salisbury, about 45 minutes north of Charlotte. Left the office a little early and was able to catch it - this makes the full collection of 2016 campaign planes for me!

felipegcmh
Business Class
Business Class

Post by felipegcmh »

Nice collection.

Pence's plane is, in my opinion, the best looking one of all. They just covered the EA logos and added the campaign logos. Looks minimalistic, yet different. H's comes in as second, because I feel like they overdid the H> Logos, Seriously, 3 logos per side is too much. Kaine's plane looks either like "Finance raised a stink over our paint budget" and "There was an attempt".
View my photos: JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Wow, you killed it, Moose! Meanwhile, in #cary luck land, the Trump media 734 came to TTN 20 minutes after a overcast front moved in, Trump came in his Citation a few minutes after that, and Pence left PHL after clouds moved in there, 15 minutes prior. And my first attempt at Pence had sunny skies, but the sun was straight from the tail :). Looks like there would have been more chances this week, but as you know, I'm stuck in MN. Sorry for hijacking your thread with my rant ;)