KCLT - Ongoing Thread

Post images from recent spotting trips, your accepted photos on Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net, or get pre- and post-screening advice.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Re: KCLT - Ongoing Thread

Post by Moose135 »

United brought their 'Star Wars' themed 737 to CLT this afternoon.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

DL used an A350 to bring the Detroit Lions in to Charlotte for their game with the Panthers this weekend.

The AA Reno Air heritage jet was parked down at the maintenance hangars this afternoon.

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Catching up a little here...back in February, Qatar brought a 777 in several times on cargo charters.

Today (Sunday, Apr 11) we took a quick run down to CLT. Got the Volaris A320 pulling in to the gate.

Got the AA Reno Air retro 737

The main reason we ran down to the airport - the Sun Country 737 flying for Amazon/Prime Air arrived:

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote: April 12th, 2021, 6:13 am Catching up a little here...back in February, Qatar brought a 777 in several times on cargo charters.

Today (Sunday, Apr 11) we took a quick run down to CLT. Got the Volaris A320 pulling in to the gate.

Got the AA Reno Air retro 737

The main reason we ran down to the airport - the Sun Country 737 flying for Amazon/Prime Air arrived:

Nice! Didn't know Volaris flew to CLT. Prime 737 service seems to be ramping up quite a bit. I used to have to go to BWI to get them (op by Southern Air), but then JFK added them (Sun Country) and I keep seeing pics of them at new airports in the Northeast every now and then.
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Volaris has been coming here a little over two years now, twice a week (Wednesday/Sunday) to Guadalajara.
Len90
First Class
First Class

Post by Len90 »

Moose; great shots. There's a chance that in the future I might be becoming a CLT spotter. Heard that there is a lot of expansion out there as the NC/SC population is growing rapidly. I know there is nothing like JFK but your pictures make it seem like its a good place to go to just relax, watch the planes, and snap some pictures.
View my photos: Airliners.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Thanks, Len! CLT is a decent place to spot - the overlook is great, and the hourly parking deck offers some nice views.

Out to CLT this afternoon for a special - Volaris brought a Wonder Woman special scheme in today.

While we were waiting for Volaris, we saw Gulfstream G-V N444SC departing. Interesting airplane, with markings of Puma athletic shoes. The scheme was introduced a few years back when rapper Jay Z joined Puma as "Creative Director" of Puma Basketball. The 444 in the registration is based on the title of the album he released at the time, and SC are his initials, Shawn Carter.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Great catches, Moose! I've been trying to get both of those, but luck hasn't been on my side, especially with the Gulfstream. I saw it was hopping around from CLT-BWI-ABE today, but the weather up here was too iffy to drive anywhere over 15 minutes.

And God help you if you end up having to spot with Len :lol: :lol: 8-)

Len90
First Class
First Class

Post by Len90 »

Cary wrote: April 26th, 2021, 2:51 am And God help you if you end up having to spot with Len :lol: :lol: 8-)
:crazy: :crazy:

Another pair of great catches! How big of a lens are you using out there to get those?
View my photos: Airliners.net | Flickr
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Len90 wrote: April 27th, 2021, 12:11 am Another pair of great catches! How big of a lens are you using out there to get those?
Thanks! I'm using a Canon 100-400 on a 5D3.
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

We were in the area, so we took a quick lap around CLT this afternoon. Saw Michael Jordan's Gulfstream G550 on the FBO ramp.

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Moose135 wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:38 pm We were in the area, so we took a quick lap around CLT this afternoon. Saw Michael Jordan's Gulfstream G550 on the FBO ramp.

Wow, that's awesome!

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

The Russians are coming! We had an IL-76 stop in to CLT earlier this week. They were delivering something to Corning Life Sciences in Durham. And no, I don't know why they flew into CLT rather than RDU, but I'm glad they did! I actually caught this same IL-76 at CLT about five years ago.

This would have been the shot of the year if that AA 737 had moved just a little...

Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

That is so awesome, Moose! I've only shot an IL-76 once, and it was a departure banking away :| These are great :thumbup:

Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Post by Moose135 »

Thanks Cary! I had shot one departing JFK during UN week a number of years ago as well. I was surprised to see this was the same one I shot at CLT before.