A.net Creative Screening team

Discuss camera gear, photo editing, photo sales, stolen images and more.
Note
For help adding images or videos, read "How to embed media / guidelines".
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

A.net Creative Screening team

Post by Cary »

Looks like A.net is now catering to creative photography. Does not apply to me since I only upload boring, cookie-cutter shots :)
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class

Re: A.net Creative Screening team

Post by JKPhotos »

They bring this up every now and then.
In my opinion there are quite some other things that could have been improved first.

Anyway, doesn't apply for me neither, as just like you cary I prefer these soooo boring sunny side-ons, etc. What sometimes gets forgotten is that most planespotters (and a.net uploaders) actually really like these "boring" shots.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Well, I guess this is what they're going for, when they say "creative":

Think that's a pretty loose interpretation of what they consider a "creative image" as it probably did not require the extreme limits of processing in order to pull the shot off. Instead, it used (at least IMHO) extreme processing to make it more artsy, which is a big difference. I'm all for lowering the quality standards for low-light panning and such, but I hope A.net doesn't go the way of Airplane-Pictures.net.

JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class

Post by JKPhotos »

Cary wrote:Well, I guess this is what they're going for, when they say "creative":

Think that's a pretty loose interpretation of what they consider a "creative image" as it probably did not require the extreme limits of processing in order to pull the shot off. Instead, it used (at least IMHO) extreme processing to make it more artsy, which is a big difference. I'm all for lowering the quality standards for low-light panning and such, but I hope A.net doesn't go the way of Airplane-Pictures.net.
Cary, you're speaking ut of my heart there. This is just heavily post-processed stuff, not fitting to their description at all. If they go the way of airplane-pictures, then good-bye. I don't want to see pictures of guys holding their sunglasses with a small reflection of an airplane visible, neither any of these wannabe-HDR shots nor any of this totally overedited stuff.
Again, they seem to forget that most planespotters prefer normal stuff.
JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class

Post by JKPhotos »

There is a small discussion going on in the Aviation photography forum. I can only invite you to join and share your opinions there.
After all a.net seems to be listening to the community these days.
So if a lot of photographers show their disagreement with over-edited shots, they can't ignore it.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

JKPhotos wrote:There is a small discussion going on in the Aviation photography forum. I can only invite you to join and share your opinions there.
After all a.net seems to be listening to the community these days.
So if a lot of photographers show their disagreement with over-edited shots, they can't ignore it.
Thanks, I just posted my thoughts:
http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopi ... #p19191617

Really won't like if they start allowing composited images into the database. As if there weren't already enough "fake" comments for low Maho Beach shots, etc. Just imagine how many there will be if the database were to lose its integrity, and faked shots were allowed. I didn't even bring up the superfluous editing on the accepted 747 shot, since it seems like they are trying to figure out the exact guidelines themselves.