On-going Fake news on a.net

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest. Posts require moderator approval, which may take up to 48 hours.

On-going Fake news on a.net

Post by Guest »

Hi guys,

I wanted to write that thread for quite some days now, but didn't have much time in the last days.

I already noticed a few 'strange' things in airliner's news section latey like a few noticeable news missing whereas some basic stuff was getting the full fanfare, but this did really top everthing I've seen so far.

They really promoted in march 2018 (!!) a shot from june 2017 (!!!) saying a new livery for brazilian Carrier Gol. Not to say that the livery exisits since more than 2 years (!!!!). Here ist the proof (they deleted the banner in the meantime):

How can this happen? Even if someone doesn't have a great clue about Aviation, he should have realised upon seeing the date that there is something wrong.
But of course the ever professional facebook site went in-line with it:

Unfortunately, this wasn't a one-off.

Other examples? Yes I have them..

Take this one:
?!?!
This is the second A350 for French Blue, that just dropped the "blue" out of the name and renamed the brand.
And they call it a new airline? Have they actually got any clue about aviation?
The photographer did put it right in his comment, don't they even read that? Again the facebook-site made a similar comment.

Then there is of course the fake-news Privatair as reported before, claiming this:
To be a new livery....
while sistership D-AWBB flew already in that 'livery' since more than 2 years
Not to say that non-screeners get such shots de-priorized for not being a real livery....
Of course it also got a facebook post...

On the other hand you see a first shot of an Air Canada 77L in the new cs or the TAP Retro neither getting a banner nor a post on social media.
Really without wanting to bash a.net, but could one handle the news-section even more arbitrary and amateur-ish?
Don't they get that the news-section and the respective facebook-posts are a figurehead for a.net?

Re: On-going Fake news on a.net

Post by Guest »

Agreed, not to mention the omission of pretty big things like Virgin Atlantic's first A330-200, Northern Air Cargo's first 767 (which was mentioned here) and others. Then you have banner news for obscure, no livery planes like: "Debut of Helicorp Costa Rica on airliners.net":

It appears like "Helicorp Costa Rica" isn't even the operator, and it should be Skyway instead.
Helicorp Costa Rica seems to just be a maintenance company.

Post by Guest »

I've noticed something weird about their news page lately. I didn't realize the VS A332s were flying already until I saw one show up at JFK. The news section on a.net should have made a big deal about it.

As for the Air Canada colors: They made a big news story about the first repainted ERJ175SU and said the first ERJ 175 in the new air canada colors. There are like 4 175LRs in the new scheme prior to that.

Post by Guest »

On the banner as "New livery for S7". Even the remark says "The first picture VP-BNG with fresh new livery". Less than one minute to find another 737 with the same scheme.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

On the banner as "New livery for S7". Even the remark says "The first picture VP-BNG with fresh new livery". Less than one minute to find another 737 with the same scheme.

It looks like the "new livery" is almost a year old. Here's one from April 2017:

No one expects them to know liveries for every airline in the world, but when they own the database where they could do a quick check, it's pretty bad. Meanwhile, people are begging them to put valid items in the news ticker or to be priority screened, and they ignore it.

Post by Guest »

haha, guys you were faster than me that time.
Wanted to post exactly the same.

Honestly I would expect a guy doing the newsticker that he knows that this livery exists since quite a while or at least to read the caption, or at least to make a quick check in the db. I mean all you have to do is click on the airline name (!!!!).

It is incredibly how many false statements they publish lately.

Post by Guest »

News ticker for a tail decal on a military plane, with a third of the decal blocked by the prop and wing. How does that qualify, with all the other stuff they deny?
Mar 31: New special color for this France Air Force C-130.

Oh right, because it's by a screener.

Post by Guest »

While this is true [new Tecate Pal Norte decals]

Damn, what did they shoot this on to get such a magenta sky? Velvia?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:While this is true [new Tecate Pal Norte decals]

Damn, what did they shoot this on to get such a magenta sky? Velvia?

In the thumbnail it doesn't show up so magenta. But after clicking it... my goodness. Yet they called an image of mine cyan with low contrast when shot in bright sun and snow reflection.

Post by Guest »

Wow! Probably something wrong with the color profile the photographer saved the image or some on the backend of a.net?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Wow! Probably something wrong with the color profile the photographer saved the image or some on the backend of a.net?
No idea. Friend showed me the shot, my reply was "Shot on Velvia(R)" and he said "oh, I thought something was wrong with my monitor", so there's definitely something weird.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Wow! Probably something wrong with the color profile the photographer saved the image or some on the backend of a.net?
No idea. Friend showed me the shot, my reply was "Shot on Velvia(R)" and he said "oh, I thought something was wrong with my monitor", so there's definitely something weird.
It was also promoted on Facebook, weird color and all. But now, the promotion post seems to be gone, and the photo is a normal color again. My guess is that there was some internal discussion about it and they made the photographer upload a corrected file.