A.net social media promotions

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest. Posts require moderator approval, which may take up to 48 hours.

Re: A.net social media promotions

Post by Guest »

Anyone know what is going on with a.net social media promotions?

I can find quite few shots these days that despiite being promoted have less than 1.000 views. I mean not to long a go, a shot promoted would get at least 2.000 views, most even more.
So did facebook introduce a new system that distributes the posts less unless you pay (just a guess)? But something must have tremendously changed.

Post by Guest »

Their photo database has been a mess the past few weeks, photos not showing, uploads not working. They reindexed it a couple of times, stopped screening, and it now seems to be back to "normal" but it's a goat rope over there, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's effecting views.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Their photo database has been a mess the past few weeks, photos not showing, uploads not working. They reindexed it a couple of times, stopped screening, and it now seems to be back to "normal" but it's a goat rope over there, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's effecting views.
That is true, for sure.
But my post was only for social media promotions. again when I look at them the last days, they get way less views than they used to - even compared to just a few weeks back. Something must have changed there.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Their photo database has been a mess the past few weeks, photos not showing, uploads not working. They reindexed it a couple of times, stopped screening, and it now seems to be back to "normal" but it's a goat rope over there, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's effecting views.
That is true, for sure.
But my post was only for social media promotions. again when I look at them the last days, they get way less views than they used to - even compared to just a few weeks back. Something must have changed there.
Facebook probably adjusted the way posts show up again. I actually just shut down my general and aviation photography FB pages, because of the way FB blocks most of my followers from seeing my posts. I have almost 1,400 followers on AeroPX, and FB will only show my posts to 5-15% of them unless I pay. That's ridiculous...I earned every one of those followers, so all of them should be allowed to see what I post.
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the clarfication.

I am rather sure that airliners isn't keen on paying either and this explains it.

Speaking of Facebook: Yeah that practice is ridiculous. It gets more and more dominated by big brands and big money.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Guest wrote:Thanks for the clarfication.

I am rather sure that airliners isn't keen on paying either and this explains it.

Speaking of Facebook: Yeah that practice is ridiculous. It gets more and more dominated by big brands and big money.
The lousy thing is that I moved over to Instagram, and since FB bought IG, they are starting to make the same kind of changes there. Still, IG gives my photos the best chance at being seen at the moment. Whereas maybe 100 of my followers will even have the opportunity to see one of my FB posts, resulting in 5 or so likes, two of my IG posts from last month somehow got 150 and 330 likes. That's a pretty sizable difference in exposure.

Post by Guest »

Well it feels weird now when you see that even newsworthy shots like the ANA 777F don't reach more than 10K views within 24 hours and for other shots even with promotion apparently 5K views are the max for 98% of them.

I did think a few times that views now are at their lowest point, but apparently it can still get lower.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Guest wrote:Well it feels weird now when you see that even newsworthy shots like the ANA 777F don't reach more than 10K views within 24 hours and for other shots even with promotion apparently 5K views are the max for 98% of them.

I did think a few times that views now are at their lowest point, but apparently it can still get lower.
This graph pretty much tells you everything you need to know:
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/airliners.net

Post by Guest »

Well, I for one am happy that FB doesn’t have as much impact on the Top 5 anymore. I was getting totally fed up when on the rare occasions it looked like one of my shots would make the front page Paul would step in and block my photo in order to promote yet another LAX helicopter shot or a Singapore Airlines 787. Realistically it only affects half a dozen chosen ones anyway ( probably make that 7 now because it seems Allen Zhao has found favor with Paul).

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Well, I for one am happy that FB doesn’t have as much impact on the Top 5 anymore. I was getting totally fed up when on the rare occasions it looked like one of my shots would make the front page Paul would step in and block my photo in order to promote yet another LAX helicopter shot or a Singapore Airlines 787. Realistically it only affects half a dozen chosen ones anyway ( probably make that 7 now because it seems Allen Zhao has found favor with Paul).
Well I try to see it from a more general point of view and it's sad to see anet losing views significantly.
Wheter promotions are fairly divided or not is a different story.

Post by Guest »

And yet another SIA A350 pre-Top 5 promotion. Seriously, what's the obsession with these?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:And yet another SIA A350 pre-Top 5 promotion. Seriously, what's the obsession with these?

The great light on this one was too tempting.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:And yet another SIA A350 pre-Top 5 promotion. Seriously, what's the obsession with these?

The great light on this one was too tempting.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's better lighting than a night arrival.

Post by Guest »

Guess we need a SIA A359 promoted every day, from the same photographer:

Post by Guest »

Ridiculous.

Post by Guest »

Nice to see the daily Andrew Hunt Phuket beach shot being promoted again. Haven’t had one for a day or two....was starting to miss them.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Nice to see the daily Andrew Hunt Phuket beach shot being promoted again. Haven’t had one for a day or two....was starting to miss them.
And it got less than 200 likes...the least popular post/promotion so far this month.

Post by Guest »

In case you missed the daily Andrew Hunt promotion's:

I am sure I am missing something that the owner of the facebook page can see. I am just seeing a very average shot taken in very poor light.

And of course 5 hours earlier this one was posted, so obivously Andrew needed another promotion!

Sorry that is sooo ridiculous!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:In case you missed the daily Andrew Hunt promotion's:

I am sure I am missing something that the owner of the facebook page can see. I am just seeing a very average shot taken in very poor light.

And of course 5 hours earlier this one was posted, so obivously Andrew needed another promotion!

Sorry that is sooo ridiculous!
SIA A350 + Andrew Hunt = automatic promotion. Even with terrible lighting. Yet, recent, much nicer SIA A350 shots from other photographers go un-promoted:

Not that anyone needs to see more SIA A350s and 787s, though.

Post by Guest »

What a relief! Andrew has put some more Phuket shots up and they all look the same to me and I was worried they wouldn’t get put up on FB. Thank goodness I was wrong!!!