Color Casts...Again

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest. Posts require moderator approval, which may take up to 48 hours.

Color Casts...Again

Post by Guest »

Again, I fail to see how A.net can pick on individual photos and reject them for a "slight [whatever] tint", yet allow this degree of color variation for the SAME EXACT SCENE (one of the dates are wrong...you can see the same clouds in both pics):

Re: Color Casts...Again

Post by Guest »

Given this picture by Chris: which is similar but slightly earlier in a sequence, I would think one has incorrect editing.

Post by Guest »

And one more:

I love how 3 different dates were listed for a single day.

Post by Guest »

The date doesn't annoy me as much as the blatant obvious over editing that was done on the one that is different. Screeners who are always picking on me for my color casts let that one go through?!? i don't even think being lenient towards the idea of subjectivity in screening can apply here right now. Clear examples of what the conditions were naturally. To me, that should have been an editing rejection with warning email.

Post by Guest »

And I got rejected today for "a bit too much yellow" on a pic at sunset, where the white was virtually the same tone as the Turkey pics. Actually, it might have been less yellow than the Turkey pics, if anything. I used these photos as an example of what a ridiculously large range of color they accept. I'm sure they will respond by either saying it was accepted in error or they didn't know what the conditions were for the cooler temperature photo, in which case I'd reply "exactly, you don't know what the conditions were for my photo either, so don't substitute my judgment and recollection of the correct color with your own opinion, after looking at 30 bright white photos, then seeing my sunset photo". I haven't stayed above a 90% acceptance ratio in the past few years straight by fudging colors and doing other heavy editing to my photos :wave:

Post by Guest »

Here's another one:
First off, I think we can assume that the Royal photo was taken on May 15th as well judging but the cloud formations matching the other two pictures. So that puts us at three pictures. Now let's take a quick look at all three of these pictures which were all now believed to be taken at almost the same time albeit a slightly different angle. I think we could understand a small amount of variation in color, but does one of these stand out as being a bit over the top with the saturation and vibrance?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Here's another one:
First off, I think we can assume that the Royal photo was taken on May 15th as well judging but the cloud formations matching the other two pictures. So that puts us at three pictures. Now let's take a quick look at all three of these pictures which were all now believed to be taken at almost the same time albeit a slightly different angle. I think we could understand a small amount of variation in color, but does one of these stand out as being a bit over the top with the saturation and vibrance?

Royal's looks like it was thrown into one of those HDR programs that pumps out gaudy results. But I'm glad the screeners thought that was acceptable.