More Staff Self-Promotion

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest. Posts require moderator approval, which may take up to 48 hours.

Re: More Staff Self-Promotion

Post by Guest »

Andrew Hunt got a post top of the day promotion. However, note the exclamation point on their Facebook page about it and the fact that it is the first time in a pretty long time that the top photo of the day was promoted after being the top photo of the day...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Andrew Hunt got a post top of the day promotion. However, note the exclamation point on their Facebook page about it and the fact that it is the first time in a pretty long time that the top photo of the day was promoted after being the top photo of the day...
That one wasn't a big deal to me. What bothers me is when they promote early (pre-top 5), for anyone (crew or otherwise), unless newsworthy.

Post by Guest »

I would say I'm quite happy with facebook promotions in the last 2 weeks. As far as I know, not even one picture added in the last 24h has been promoted without being in the Top 5 already. Those days of instant promotion/pre top 5 seems to have gone. :clap:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I would say I'm quite happy with facebook promotions in the last 2 weeks. As far as I know, not even one picture added in the last 24h has been promoted without being in the Top 5 already. Those days of instant promotion/pre top 5 seems to have gone. :clap:
I thought I saw some non-Top 5, non-newsworthy promotions, but they weren't crew photos, so that has been a refreshing change. Let's just hope they continue the trend.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I would say I'm quite happy with facebook promotions in the last 2 weeks. As far as I know, not even one picture added in the last 24h has been promoted without being in the Top 5 already. Those days of instant promotion/pre top 5 seems to have gone. :clap:
I thought I saw some non-Top 5, non-newsworthy promotions, but they weren't crew photos, so that has been a refreshing change. Let's just hope they continue the trend.
Really? Sorry, my fault. But at least the numbers are much lower than sometime ago, when they were insta promoting pictures of 3 crew members and the other time in 3 or 4 weeks ago when they start posting 10 pictures pre top five a day. I think a.net is getting better, lets see when they refresh all the site in some months.

Post by Guest »

Back to the Andrew and Paul self-promotion show in the past few days. Guess they weren't satisfied with their number of views without promotion.

Post by Guest »

Alevik pre top 5 promotion. It was to good to be true...

Post by Guest »

And now a promotion on a head screener photo that only got 159 views over two days. I guess better than being a first day early promo, though.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:And now a promotion on a head screener photo that only got 159 views over two days. I guess better than being a first day early promo, though.
And with a promo it didn't even break 600 views. I also noticed they promoted an old Sam Chui photo. Maybe another olive branch to try and get him back?

Post by Guest »

Not a promotion, but very fun.

After saying they would allow 16:9 ratio images 2 days back, read the two last messages:

"Here is the first 16:9 image that was intentionally added.

The photographer expected the change to come and uploaded the shot before the changes to the size criteria had been announced
."

Next comment:
"Really? Gosh that was lucky. Oh wait, he's a screener!

Anyway, nice shot and an example of good use of the format.
"
:lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

2 screener first-day promotions in the past 2 hours. Things definitely back to normal after their "we'll try to play fairly" experiment.

Post by Guest »

I'am always impressed as to how fast is accept a news, banner and facebook share when its a screener picture. (Rolling Stones picture of Royal).

Another screener picture shared pre top5 today is the silhouette Lars.

Post by Guest »

Just in case you didn't get enough from the two promoted SYD A2A shots of this plane landing:

Post by Guest »

And of course, you knew Paul had to promote his photo of the same plane, taken on the same day, pre-Top 5 too. Guess he was tired of only getting 200-600 views on SYD A2A shots when he didn't artificially boost the hits.

Post by Guest »

Looks like Paul is back to his old tricks. Another shot of 9V-SKI promoted. Nothing new!

Post by Guest »

Its only the fourth promotion of the same aircraft of the same day. Diversity wins, or not.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Its only the fourth promotion of the same aircraft of the same day. Diversity wins, or not.
Yup, depth of the database and stuff...

Post by Guest »

And another Andrew promotion, with suspect quality:

Post by Guest »

Andrew Hunt promotion with only 147 views at the moment. Just check the SQ A380 on the front page in a few hours...

Post by Guest »

Already on Top 5.