More Staff Self-Promotion

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest. Posts require moderator approval, which may take up to 48 hours.

Re: More Staff Self-Promotion

Post by Guest »

I'm really getting tempted to do it. I just logged onto the the main a.net page to see a Paul, Royal, and Andrew image occupying 3 of the top 5 spots. It doesn't surprise me anymore.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I'm really getting tempted to do it. I just logged onto the the main a.net page to see a Paul, Royal, and Andrew image occupying 3 of the top 5 spots. It doesn't surprise me anymore.
It's pretty much no use as they'll quickly delete it, before other photographers see it (as they have plenty of times before). A lot of photographers are blissfully unaware why their photos never make it to the Top 5. Some photographers don't care. And the one time they allowed a thread to stay, there were some people downplaying the issue, yet they had no pics in the database. So yeah, if you brought it up, they would just sweep it under the rug and then possibly ban/warn you. Paul might hold off on promoting himself and/or Andrew for 2 days, then go right back to doing it again :shh:

Post by Guest »

Yayyy

Post by Guest »

Only in an A.net self-promotion post can garish yellow stripes become "One of the most beautiful B787-9s"...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Only in an A.net self-promotion post can garish yellow stripes become "One of the most beautiful B787-9s"...
Yeah, I'm not sure of all the 787-9 operators, but the ones I can think of off the top of my head are nicer.

Air NZ All Blacks
United
Etihad
(unpainted)
Scoot

Post by Guest »

His second self-promotion of the day...

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

I saw that in the top 5 tonight, and assumed it had gotten a FB plug, but I can't remember the last time I visited the A.net FB page, so I wasn't sure.

Post by Guest »

I understand the conditions, but the grain is overwhelming.

Post by Guest »

And yet they rejected Nick Young's pic, which was similarly-challenging, but much more pleasing to the eye than the drab Air China:
But Nick's photo has 110,000 views on JP, so I'm sure he doesn't mind too much :)

Post by Guest »

It never ends.

Post by Guest »

So if I was to raise the point of unfair representation citing how at least 10% of Paul's pictures are miraculously promoted while overall less than .5% of the pictures uploaded to a.net are ever promoted. I wonder what the answer would be: They try to be fair in promoting, delete the comment, or just ban me. :roll:

Also, Paul must not really be that busy to get those pictures edited and uploaded to a.net queue. Timing is very tight on them.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So if I was to raise the point of unfair representation citing how at least 10% of Paul's pictures are miraculously promoted while overall less than .5% of the pictures uploaded to a.net are ever promoted. I wonder what the answer would be: They try to be fair in promoting, delete the comment, or just ban me. :roll:

Also, Paul must not really be that busy to get those pictures edited and uploaded to a.net queue. Timing is very tight on them.
Paul would say "We promote photos that the public wants to see. And we have determined they want to see Andrew's photos and photos from Sydney."

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

Paul is on a roll...two SYD pics within 3 minutes of each other (probably both friends, and Jason Wood is on the crew):

then a Royal promotion minutes later, although I'll give that one a pass since it's newsworthy (albeit of really questionable quality).

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

Two Jason Wood pre-Top 5 promotions in the past 24 hours:

Post by Guest »

Stunning that Paul would insta-promote his own photo again. Absolutely stunning. And now we'll get the typical promotion of old pics, pics that were already in the Top 5, or radio silence that follows, so no one can compete with him for Top of the Day. Also, this is the same aircraft he promoted his own photo of 2 weeks ago.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Stunning that Paul would insta-promote his own photo again. Absolutely stunning. And now we'll get the typical promotion of old pics, pics that were already in the Top 5, or radio silence that follows, so no one can compete with him for Top of the Day. Also, this is the same aircraft he promoted his own photo of 2 weeks ago.
And...radio silence wins...7 hours before another photo was promoted. Looking through his pics, it's easy to tell which ones he promoted and which he didn't, based on the views: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... l+McCarthy

Post by Guest »

And....instant promo.