Head Screener Double Talk

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest. Posts require moderator approval, which may take up to 48 hours.

Head Screener Double Talk

Post by Guest »

Heres a good one from the a.net forum:

Image in question is this: http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/reje ... 7581r2.jpg

Earlier in the thread a HS for an earlier edit responds with "Quoting ***** (Reply 5):
I am relatively inexperienced, but I don't see any heat haze. I can see maybe slightly soft at the nose due to motion at the cockpit windows. Nice shot though I like it!

I agree with this - could be salvageable with a bit of sharpening at the nose."

After the nose is sharpened, image is rejected for dark. Photographer appeals to get dark, high contrast, and soft nose. Same HS responds in the thread "The Portland Timbers shot looks soft, particularly at the nose and tail, even on my work monitor. Possibly some atmospheric/heat haze effects. The light is not great so it is dark/backlit - I wouldn't call it high contrast as there aren't wide variations of bright and dark - it is all just dark."

Is somebody being a little inconsistent here :lol:

Re: Head Screener Double Talk

Post by Guest »

That screener may need a refresher course on what backlit means. Hint: you're not going to see a reflection of the f***ing sun on the side of the fuselage with a backlit photo!$@!

Post by Guest »

Well that's a head screener. I guess it can explain a lot lol

Post by Guest »

I've long given up on a.net because of similar issues. You fix something and resubmit and then you get rejected again for another reason... all the while waiting and waiting for the insanely long queues... honestly I just could not care less about submitting on a.net - but, having said that, I'm glad there are plenty of people who do upload because it forms an important reference for research (along with jp.net, planepictures, etc - and now Flickr too).

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I've long given up on a.net because of similar issues. You fix something and resubmit and then you get rejected again for another reason... all the while waiting and waiting for the insanely long queues... honestly I just could not care less about submitting on a.net - but, having said that, I'm glad there are plenty of people who do upload because it forms an important reference for research (along with jp.net, planepictures, etc - and now Flickr too).
I've had plenty of people who tell me how they get bounced around from soft to oversharpened and vice versa after making the smallest of edits. All that does is confirm how subjective some of the criteria are and how inconsistent the screening process is. Some days, they act like 20px too high in frame or 0.2 degrees off level is a total show stopper and the next day, they're letting another photographer slide on a plane that's 100px too high. :?

Post by Guest »

Not really double talk, but scroll down to reply 7 and you get to see laziness of a HS. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... in/379650/

Really nice to see a HS considering their job as a waste of time. I'm guessing that explains who is behind the appeal emails coming back with the same rejection reasons and "screener correct". Oh did I also mention the screener is COMPLETELY wrong in this instance. :D

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Not really double talk, but scroll down to reply 7 and you get to see laziness of a HS. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... in/379650/

Really nice to see a HS considering their job as a waste of time. I'm guessing that explains who is behind the appeal emails coming back with the same rejection reasons and "screener correct". Oh did I also mention the screener is COMPLETELY wrong in this instance. :D
What is his problem? It would take him 2 seconds to accept the appeal as that picture clearly isn't Dark...but instead he spends minutes ranting about it. I think he just likes hearing himself talk.