A.net social media promotions

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest. Posts require moderator approval, which may take up to 48 hours.

Re: A.net social media promotions

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:What a relief! Andrew has put some more Phuket shots up and they all look the same to me and I was worried they wouldn’t get put up on FB. Thank goodness I was wrong!!!
Lol, promoted twice, out of spite:

Post by Guest »

Here’s a novel idea.........Insread of the administrator of A.net promoting his own photos on FB why doesn’t he do something about getting the hit counter fixed!!! Soon there will be shots in the Too 5 with zero views.

Post by Guest »

I would remain fair instead of coming up with this nonsense. The guy who you call admin is not a developer and dependent on those from the site owners. They only work during regular working hours on a weekdays, nothing Paul can do.
That Emirates shot might be his own but at least really nice…there are far worse shots being regularly promoted. Often from the photographers themselves…so when they block the frontpage / Pc award with their average stuff it is okay, but when Paul promotes an old shot of his, this is a big issue?
Come on. You gotta be kidding.

I agree that there are some thing that can be critized but no need to exaggerate and totally go out of proportions…

Post by Guest »

6 Andy Hunt promotions in the past 5 days. It's just like the good old days. I guess there aren't any other photographers and photos on the site to choose from.

Post by Guest »

He’s not adverse to promoting his own shots either.

Post by Guest »

It’s getting beyond the pale now.

Post by Guest »

There had been a major typo on the news banner page for almost 6 days - and another mistake made today.

The current crew obviously doesn’t take any pride in their work, and that starts at the top.

It’s sad to see what Paul has done to airliners.net. The fact that he got paid to do it is criminal.

Post by Guest »

I didn’t realise that Paul got paid. The crew at A.net are forever whining about being volunteers and using it as an excuse for for some occasional low quality screening. If Paul is getting paid I don’t understand why he seems he’ll bent on destroying that website.

Post by Guest »

Hey A.net...how about promoting the pic of the Avelo Airlines 737 -- the first upload of the first airline in the U.S. in over a decade?

A.net: What's that? The people want to see a vintage Andrew Hunt image? Here you go!

Or at least you could show the first upload of Alaska's bold new UNCF special? It got into the Top 5 and has nearly 4,000 views.

A.net: It might have cracked the Top 5, but that's not a newsworthy photo people want to see. People want to see Andrew Hunt. Here's one of his photos of a COVID flight, even though there have been hundreds of better, special COVID-related flights depicted in the database:

How about promoting a photo of someone other than Andy Hunt? Because there are hundreds of other photographers on the site.

A.net: Okay, if you don't want ANDY Hunt, here's a classic from Andrew Hunt, that I know people will love:

Post by Guest »

I personally have not had any social media shares by either of the big sites in quite some time. A quick search of both sites facebook pages shows that my last photo ever shared was on airliners about 16 months ago. As for jetphotos; its been 4 years.

Post by Guest »

3 more self-promotions in the past 4 days. Must be nice:

Post by Guest »

Yeah. The MD-11 also received the PC award. Soo well deserved.

To be fair. I think one of these could be promoted, then why not. But to post 3 of your self in such a short time is just poor.

Let's be clear on another subject.
Only Paul is actually employed / getting paid by the site owners. Lately it seems to me that he must be getting a bonus if he runs the site into the ground, as he is very sucessful with this.

The rest of the crew are indeed volunteers. So if they use this as an excuse for poor screening, this does not make sense to me, but is at least factually true.

Post by Guest »

And when it's not one person, it's another. 2 promotions for non-newsworthy photos 4.5 hours apart. There are hundreds of photographers who have a variety of subject matter accepted each day, and this is what they promote, over and over and over again. Then they wonder why contributors are leaving and they're getting less traffic.

Post by Guest »

And add two more self-promotions 8 hours apart. Wonder how VerticalScope would feel about their employee tarnishing their site's reputation and sabotaging traffic by constantly promoting himself and friends instead of promoting a variety of contributors and subjects?

Post by Guest »

[mod edit] he plugs Andy's [mod edit] photos on social media because “they are popular.” If they are so popular, and can stand on their own (plot twist: the images suck and nobody cares) why not promote some lesser know photog and get double the page views.

And the fact that he promotes his own work twice in a row tells you all you need to know. [mod edit]

[Mod note: I've been pretty good about allowing people to voice their opinions freely, but let's avoid unnecessary name-calling. This forum is tied to my name, so the last thing I want is for people to associate personal attacks and name calling with me, since everyone else is anonymous. - Cary]

Post by Guest »

But wait, there's more!

Post by Guest »

Dear VerticalScope,

Do you want to know part of the reason why Airliners.net has been losing traffic and contributors? Maybe because your own employee has promoted himself 5 out of the last 19 times. On a website where hundreds of other photographers have new photos added each day, you have one single person shoving his own content in everyone's face over 25% of the time.

JKPhotos
Business Class
Business Class

Post by JKPhotos »

I fully agree, other than one small point: I dont think "hundreds of photographers" upload shots everyday there anymore as Paul was already quite sucessful in running it into the ground. It used to be the case some years back, but not anymore.

Otherwise these ongoing promtions for either himself or Andrew are shameful Of those posted here, we can talk about the NCA deserving a promotion IMO, the others clearly not.

Anet has become an site for a few people, that are (for whatever reason I personally struggle to get) very keen on keeping it in 2005 and dont realise that with that and total arbitrary standards that are based on friendships and nothing else that they make it more and more irrelevant.
You think any younger spotter is keen on uploading their shots on anet? Not sure if they have even heard of it.

Post by Guest »

JKPhotos wrote: June 1st, 2021, 12:01 pm I fully agree, other than one small point: I dont think "hundreds of photographers" upload shots everyday there anymore as Paul was already quite sucessful in running it into the ground. It used to be the case some years back, but not anymore.

Otherwise these ongoing promtions for either himself or Andrew are shameful Of those posted here, we can talk about the NCA deserving a promotion IMO, the others clearly not.

Anet has become an site for a few people, that are (for whatever reason I personally struggle to get) very keen on keeping it in 2005 and dont realise that with that and total arbitrary standards that are based on friendships and nothing else that they make it more and more irrelevant.
You think any younger spotter is keen on uploading their shots on anet? Not sure if they have even heard of it.
Yup, Paul has no shame anymore. Another 6 self-promotions in the last 5 days. If there were 20 FB promotions a day, it might not look so out of place, but there are only usually between 2-4 promotions a day:

Post by Guest »

And to the surprise of no one, the result:

Funny how he didn't promote any of the other 3, even though they are nice, interesting shots. Obviously, he wouldn't let anyone else's photos prevent him from getting the top 2 spots.