CLT

Share spotting locations or ask other airport-specific questions.
Cory_Yates
Sickness Bag Collector

CLT

Post by Cory_Yates »

I'm headed down to Charlotte in April and was wondering if anyone knows of any other places to spot from besides the Observation Park and the Carolinas Aviation Museum. I've spotted both of those places and was just looking for another possible spot. The Observation Park is nice and I will be going back to it.

Thanks, Cory
Moose135
Business Class
Business Class

Re: CLT

Post by Moose135 »

Hey Cory, I'm living down here now, and frequent CLT. The overview is the main place for spotting, but there are a few other spots you can try. It really depends on active runways - if you hadn't heard, several months ago they stopped using the cross runway 5/23, so everything is up and down 18/36, using all three parallels. I've gotten some shots from down near the old pax terminal in the cargo area, and if you don't mind paying to park, the daily lots may be an option. PM me when you are headed down this way, and I'll see if I can join you.
Cory_Yates
Sickness Bag Collector

Re: CLT

Post by Cory_Yates »

Thanks for the info. I'll be down April 27th to the 29th. I come in at 7:05 p.m. on the 27th and plan to go over to the Observation Park to get some long exposure shot since it will be getting dark about that time. I'm staying in Concord and on the 28th I'll be visiting a few of the race shops. I'm be back to spot at CLT on the morning of the 29th. My flight leaves at 2:40 p.m. and then it's back to reality. :(

Cory