Air Canada 787 A2A shots on A.net

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest.

Air Canada 787 A2A shots on A.net

Post by Guest »

We've all seen them...We've all been impressed by them...We've all watched the video of them being made...yet for some reason, I'm bothered by the recent group of Air Canada 787-9 air-to-air shots that hit A.net. They are the latest in about a dozen such shots by the same photographer, and include earlier Air Canada 787 and Rouge A2A shots.

Don't get me wrong, they are stunning images, and I loved looking at them. But on A.net? Sucking up tens of thousands of views, top of the day, photographers' choice? They were a result of a commercial shoot, with a fairly large number of participants, and using specialized equipment installed on the photo ship. It's not like the photographer was hanging out the side of a Cessna shooting at an aircraft along side him - he was sitting in a seat, watching a video screen, and hitting a button on the computer that controlled the camera mounted on the bottom of the airplane. And as he is Air Canada's official photographer, it makes me think there may be something of a corporate advertising/promotional reason behind posting them on A.net as well.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but there it is...

Re: Air Canada 787 A2A shots on A.net

Post by Guest »

I actually agree with you on the AC A2A shots. The images are absolutely amazing but they are commercial and in a way it is the airline providing its own advertising on airliners.

Post by Guest »

I wouldn't take it so seriously. I just think it is nice to see some Images that we don't see everyday on a.net. I personally don't care if they were done commercially or not.
And these shots being on the website or not, doesn't shange anything for my shots, I mean how many of them get uploaded, like 4 a year?

And in the end, they spark interest in airliners, and we all profit from that. People will visit the website for that and perhaps they don't immediately leave afterwards and might end up looking at our shots.

Still I don't see why yours should be an unpopular opinion... Everyone his own.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

My issue isn't so much that he's ACA's paid photographer -- it's that the photos don't adhere to A.net standards (level, centering, dark, possibly overediting). And you know the staff won't make him adhere to the site standards, for fear he won't contribute anymore. If only they extended that courtesy to the rest of us mortals, when our photos are literally 0.1 degrees off level :lol:

AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr

Post by Guest »

They're "artistic" shots, Cary...
:roll:
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Guest wrote:They're "artistic" shots, Cary...
:roll:
Oh, of course, my bad! :lol:
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr