A.net social media promotions

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest.

Re: A.net social media promotions

Post by Guest »

He has no shame

Post by Guest »

He’s definitely doing it to deliberately antaginise people. He’s just promoted another couple of shots from Andrew and Mark, both shameless hit whores. Paul must know it p**ses people off. I don’t know if it’s bloody mindedness, low intellect or just plain hubris but whatever his motivation the guy is just plain bad at his job. In any other world he world have been dismissed long ago.

Post by Guest »

It is getting insane. Apparently he jumped from Andrew to none other than himself. At least Andrews shot are mostly good.. His unfortunately arent. But what would you expect if you shoot with ISO 800 1/8000s on a sunny say on a EOS50D (no joke!!) on a not so nice angle with harsh light from above?

And then a SIA 789 landing in Changi. How exciting..
It is either a total careless attitude or I am also starting to think that he wants to piss off others.

Post by Guest »

He’s either doing it deliberately to p**s people off or is not smart enough to realise what he’s doing. His title is Community Manager..... I doubt he even knows what the word means. In his mind the Community is his little band of shameless hit whores that are ultimately damaging the site as a whole.

Post by Guest »

Well that must be right. His community must consist of Andrew, Mark and him and surely a few selected others,

When I look through his ISO 800 gallery (again this is no joke) of shame it is really mind-blowing:

- Harsh light awful angle SIA 787-10 plain landing shot from Changi: 1.200 views
- Harsh light awful angle Qatar 350 plain landing shot from Changi: 1.500 views
- Harsh light awful angle Finnair 350 plain landing shot from Changi: 3.600 views
- Harsh light even worse angle Air France 77W plain landing shot from Changi: 4.000 views
- Harsh light awful angle SIA 77W plain landing shot from Changi: 4.400 views
- Another harsh light awful angle SIA 787-10 plain landing shot from Changi (apparently one isn't enough): 5.100 views
- Harsh light awful angle & ugly shadow KLM 77W plain landing shot from Changi: 1.200 views

We are talking here about shots wich would normally struggle to break the 100 views barrier. And these are just from his last 36 shots. I could go on and on...like his 15 Etihad 380 taxiing shots from Sydney that he promoted on that Silkair A319 that miraculously made it all the way to #1 spot.
I think someone his abusing his positions for his own profit (other than his peers). As said before in the real world he would have been relieved from duties a long time a go. He isn't doing anything good to the site.

Post by Guest »

Top of the Day.......give me a break. I hope he feels embarrassed when he reads his email telling him how competitive it is to reach the number one spot.

Post by Guest »

VerticalScope: Paul, what are you doing to improve the traffic to A.net?

Paul: Well, I'm promoting my own photos, because people say I promote myself too much, so I feel entitled to promote myself more.

VerticalScope: You know that doesn't really help with increasing site traffic and just makes you look foolish, right?

Paul: Yeah, but they're mean to me! It's not easy getting paid to promote my own photography and letting Kas run the forums.

VerticalScope: Okay, well guess which one of these is A.net and which one is JetPhotos?

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the laugh.

I'm almost sure the QF A380 shot of Mark Harris and CX Tristar of Andrew were promoted for the second time on facebook.

Post by Guest »

hehe, yes had a good laugh, too.

And yes both shots were promoted twice. But I can understand that someone felt that both Andrew and Mark needed some exposure finally. :clap: :clap:

Post by Guest »

No, but really no...

This:

is like the 75.234th shot of Yam Dreaming that is promoted. Even given some over-excitment this is too much...again not a particular great shot in sub-par light as well.

I know we are repeating ourselves, but one couldn't handle the social media section worse.

Post by Guest »

or why would anyone promote this shot in such awful light:

That light says "don't shoot me" to me, yet to Paul apparently it says "please promote me?!"
We seem to live in a different world.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:or why would anyone promote this shot in such awful light:

That light says "don't shoot me" to me, yet to Paul apparently it says "please promote me?!"
We seem to live in a different world.
Haven't you heard? It's poor-light promo day:
(and high in frame)

Post by Guest »

Another day, another Singapore A350/787-10 promotion, with terrible light to boot:

Post by Guest »

Even if that happens to be your favourite airplane / airline combo I just cannot understand of how one can choose that shot for a promotion.
Really one couldn’t handle the social media section more poorly.

For the shot I could go further and say I don’t even understand why someone uploads such a poor light shot…..

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Even if that happens to be your favourite airplane / airline combo I just cannot understand of how one can choose that shot for a promotion.
Really one couldn’t handle the social media section more poorly.

For the shot I could go further and say I don’t even understand why someone uploads such a poor light shot…..
Someone is lurking...

Post by Guest »

Oh well....after a brief respite Paul is back up to his old tricks of promoting his friends shots on FB at the expense of everybody else. So many great shots get little to no exposure yet these ordinary shots continually hog the front page. I can’t help but wonder how much better a.net could be if Paul wasn’t there.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Oh well....after a brief respite Paul is back up to his old tricks of promoting his friends shots on FB at the expense of everybody else. So many great shots get little to no exposure yet these ordinary shots continually hog the front page. I can’t help but wonder how much better a.net could be if Paul wasn’t there.
I noticed that the other day...there were actually other airlines and aircraft types featured instead of the usual Singapore, Qatar, Qantas, Lufthansa and Cathay. Who would have known there were hundreds and hundreds of other airlines in the world? And A.net continues dropping in global rank, while JetPhotos continues to climb. This is what happens when you don't treat your core contributors the same way (or anywhere close to how) you treat your friends.

Post by Guest »

Hit Whore Gábor is back with a vengeance.....all five spots in the Top 5.

Post by Guest »

You know who always complains about photographers promoting themselves and "manipulating photo views" on anet's internal discussions?
Yes Szabo himself.
He's lost any credibility with me with his double standards.
Oh I forgot he already didn't have any :D

Post by Guest »

It looks like he’s going to have another straight flush with the Top 5 with some very mediocre shots. I think he might be playing with fire though because his actions are blocking some shots from the other hit whore screeners getting to the front page. They won’t like that.