A.net social media promotions

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest.

Re: A.net social media promotions

Post by Guest »

To further reinstate my point, just opened a.net and would do I see:

2 times Andrew and then these great guys Royal and Mark. How surprising to see 4 out of 5 spots blocked by them!

This is really getting soo odd.
To answer the question before: They aren't all promoted on the official page, it is a mixture between that and rather excessive self promotion.

Post by Guest »

At least Royal posts shots of first flights, delivery flights etc. Andrew and Mark are both a disgrace.

Post by Guest »

I think Paul is conducting an experiment to see the worst, mediocre photo of his that he can install as Top of the Day. He has no shame.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I think Paul is conducting an experiment to see the worst, mediocre photo of his that he can install as Top of the Day. He has no shame.
Yup, another Sydney taxiing shot from the beach. And in sub-par light :problem:

Post by Guest »

Anyone notice the really bizarre fascination with Qatar and Singapore planes...especially A350s and 787s?

Post by Guest »

He likes Cathay 747s as well........but only his own shots.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Anyone notice the really bizarre fascination with Qatar and Singapore planes...especially A350s and 787s?
I've noticed that, too and think it is really weird.
I mean personally I think the belly-shot takeoff shot is really awful..and others are rather average, too.

Post by Guest »

Paul just loves mediocre Qatar Airlines' shots

Even better if they are his own..

Post by Guest »

This guys appalling behaviour has no limits. The site is a basket case at the moment with this upgrade with most photos not showing and recently accepted shots losing all their views, what does he do? True to form his and screeners shots get uploaded and Paul happily features his own shots and those of other members of his boys club on FB. He’s a class act.

Post by Guest »

Yet another mediocre self promotion by Paul. Yet another Etihad A380 from the beach. Surely the owners of A.net could find someone with integrity to replace Paul?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Yet another mediocre self promotion by Paul. Yet another Etihad A380 from the beach. Surely the owners of A.net could find someone with integrity to replace Paul?
The worst part is he gets paid to promote himself.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Yet another mediocre self promotion by Paul. Yet another Etihad A380 from the beach. Surely the owners of A.net could find someone with integrity to replace Paul?

I couldn't believe it neither when I saw it, yet another not exactly great Etihad shot from himself that he promoted. Well, I am lost for words.

But be realistic, the owners of a.net neither realise this issue nor care. Sure they could find another person, if they wanted. But they don't want to.

Post by Guest »

Well, I really don't know where to start with:

Let's keep it factual:
"A Singapore Airlines B777-300 on final at Changi". You do realise that this is the most normal thing in the world?
And then the unpleasing angle and harsh light. Come on. Really?
Such a shot shouldn't be promoted from any uploader, but if that is the community manager's own shot it gets even worse.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Well, I really don't know where to start with:

Let's keep it factual:
"A Singapore Airlines B777-300 on final at Changi". You do realise that this is the most normal thing in the world?
And then the unpleasing angle and harsh light. Come on. Really?
Such a shot shouldn't be promoted from any uploader, but if that is the community manager's own shot it gets even worse.
Plus the titles are soft. Someone has no shame.

Post by Guest »

Also with no shame are those weak screeners who don’t have the guts or integrity to reject this rubbish that Paul inflicts upon us. They obviously don’t want to jeopardise their own shots being put on FB. Anything for two pieces of silver....shameful.

Post by Guest »

Here he goes again! I think he’s doing it just to p*ss people off.

Post by Guest »

I am really disappointed, had the first Lufthansa 320neo in new cs and of course it didn't get promoted (like all my other new coloured Lufthansas so far) and to top it even to reach the top5 it got overhauled by several arbitrary promoted non-newsworthy shots.

They once said that newsworthy stuff will be promoted even if only locally interesting.

Yet no one seems to care.
When I discussed it with a crew member and told him that I think people chasing new stuff should get rewarded I got more or less told that if I hadn't uploaded it, someone else had. Surely this is factually true, but I can't say this makes me feel valued or appreciated.
But they don't care. This becomes more and more evident.

Julien

Post by Guest »

You’re not valued or appreciated, or important to them, but nor am I. You, me, everyone that contributes to this site/forum and everyone else except the favoured 6 is just there to make up the numbers. As far as Paul is concerned there are only 6 photographers worthy of his attention (all shameless hit whores) and until he moves on, as unlikely as that is nothing will change.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I am really disappointed, had the first Lufthansa 320neo in new cs and of course it didn't get promoted (like all my other new coloured Lufthansas so far) and to top it even to reach the top5 it got overhauled by several arbitrary promoted non-newsworthy shots.

They once said that newsworthy stuff will be promoted even if only locally interesting.

Yet no one seems to care.
When I discussed it with a crew member and told him that I think people chasing new stuff should get rewarded I got more or less told that if I hadn't uploaded it, someone else had. Surely this is factually true, but I can't say this makes me feel valued or appreciated.
But they don't care. This becomes more and more evident.

Julien
Sorry Julien, Paul's poorly-lit SIA 777 and 787s are much more newsworthy than your Lufthansa 320neo. How? I don't know, but they obviously are.

Post by Guest »

If I never see another poorly lit mediocre photo of that Qantas 787 it will be too soon. The sad thing is Mark used to be able to take some half decent shots and not have to rely on hit whoring and his special relationship with Paul.