Royal King

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest.
Post Reply
User avatar
Guest

Royal King

Post by Guest »

No idea what the circumstances were, but Royal has left A.net:
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

There was some kind of a dust up over there - Wilco737 left a couple of weeks ago, and asked that all of his photos be removed from the database. He posted a thread in the photo forum announcing he was leaving, and there were a number of people who were trying to encourage him to leave his photos on the site. Finally, Royal chimed in, saying Wilco was overreacting to "one, well-deserved rejection". Wilco replied that he had been considering the move for a couple of months, and the rejection had nothing to do with it. Later that day, the thread was deleted. I wonder if something happened behind the scenes over that.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

I wonder if someone was smart enough to screenshot the thread.

On a sidenote, has anyone here ever met him in person? does he really have a superiority complex?
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I wonder if someone was smart enough to screenshot the thread.

On a sidenote, has anyone here ever met him in person? does he really have a superiority complex?
Not me, but don't all plane spotters have at least one major issue or disorder? I mean, it's not normal to enjoy watching airplanes all day long :wave:
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I wonder if someone was smart enough to screenshot the thread.

On a sidenote, has anyone here ever met him in person? does he really have a superiority complex?
Can't tell. But the way he behaved on the forums was clearly lacking any kind of respect and / or politness to anyone.
Actually just like "Joshu"..
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I wonder if someone was smart enough to screenshot the thread.

On a sidenote, has anyone here ever met him in person? does he really have a superiority complex?
Can't tell. But the way he behaved on the forums was clearly lacking any kind of respect and / or politness to anyone.
Actually just like "Joshu"..
I am proud to say I was the last one he started in with before he up and left. :wave:

Kas has been really nice and tries to help, but I have seen him contradict himself too many times as well. Ultimately the forums don't really have great screener help anymore. I argued about my PDX terminal shot and Kas was the only screener to respond to me. Ultimately he ended up agreeing with my points, but nothing ever came of it.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Wow, how I love straightforwardness!!!!

First posting this and then returning to the site. a few days later. Finally someon who is consequent. *lol*

Obviously desperate for some photo views! I mean he believes he's an extraordinary photographer. Certainly got some nice shots, but the main reason his photos are so popular is just that they are news-worthy!
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

It took him ten days to Change his mind

or perhaps he considers this "life-support" for the site :D
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Wow, how I love straightforwardness!!!!

First posting this and then returning to the site. a few days later. Finally someon who is consequent. *lol*

Obviously desperate for some photo views! I mean he believes he's an extraordinary photographer. Certainly got some nice shots, but the main reason his photos are so popular is just that they are news-worthy!
:D Didn't take him long to figure out it's hard to get your photos noticed without a site like A.net. And yes, he benefits from living in an aviation Mecca. I think his pics are nice, however most A.net photographers could produce the same results given the time and location.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

His twitter profile pic reminds me of this

Image


I personally don't find his pics to be exceptional, newsworthy, sure. I could go out to middle of nowhere Syria and make newsworthy photos with a flip phone.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Funny thing is he now is not only submitting all of his "new" priority screening images but also featuring some of his other stuff as well on a.net. I guess he really needs those "old men" and "dying site" to pacify his need of feeling special and important.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

How did this qualify and get Priority Screening?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/US-Airwa ... 11/3860265
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:How did this qualify and get Priority Screening?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/US-Airwa ... 11/3860265
I'm sure the crew would say "it was a mistake". I only wish my normal uploads were accidentally priority screened.

Or, some screener didn't realize he defected and is no longer privy to special treatment.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:How did this qualify and get Priority Screening?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/US-Airwa ... 11/3860265
I'm sure the crew would say "it was a mistake". I only wish my normal uploads were accidentally priority screened.

Or, some screener didn't realize he defected and is no longer privy to special treatment.
Interesting to see him get this though just a few months after saying such negative things about a.net on twitter... You would think that after that falling out the special treatment would have up and vanished and he would have been on the "naughty" list :lol:
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

What's priority screening? is it a new thing?
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:What's priority screening? is it a new thing?
No, they have always had it. It is for newsworthy photos, or the first photo of a new aircraft or livery, things like that. They have been applied it in some questionable ways in the past, in determining what is and isn't worthy of priority screening. Unlike jp.net, there isn't anything in the upload screen to indicate you are asking for priority screening, you had to send an e-mail to the screener team once you uploaded the photo. I think all priority images were screened by head screeners ahead of the normal queue.

A simple side-on shot of an AA A321, that has been in service with US/AA for 15 years, isn't a "priority" image. ;)
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:What's priority screening? is it a new thing?
No, they have always had it. It is for newsworthy photos, or the first photo of a new aircraft or livery, things like that. They have been applied it in some questionable ways in the past, in determining what is and isn't worthy of priority screening. Unlike jp.net, there isn't anything in the upload screen to indicate you are asking for priority screening, you had to send an e-mail to the screener team once you uploaded the photo. I think all priority images were screened by head screeners ahead of the normal queue.

A simple side-on shot of an AA A321, that has been in service with US/AA for 15 years, isn't a "priority" image. ;)
To be fair it is the first shot of his particular airframe in new AA colours. Still this doesn't normally apply to priority screening.
Priority screening is not done by headscreeners, but by a selected group of screeners, one of them is a head as far as I know.

These days it is probably easy to forgive Royal or anyone else. I mean given the current state of the site, they are happy to have anyone back. Those days like 3 years a go where they wouldn't need to care about anyone as they had the best photographers on their site anyway are clearly over. A lot of good photographers have left the site and if they don't dramatically improve the new site quickly, the trend will continue.
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

To be fair it is the first shot of his particular airframe in new AA colours. Still this doesn't normally apply to priority screening.
Priority screening is not done by headscreeners, but by a selected group of screeners, one of them is a head as far as I know.
I've gotten countless of US planes now in the AA scheme which were the first shot of that registration in the new colors. The exact wording from the screeners was that for the new colors it was the first of each equipment type. So the first A320, the first A321, etc
User avatar
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Posts: 1737
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
Contact:

Re: Royal King

Post by Cary »

Guest wrote: These days it is probably easy to forgive Royal or anyone else. I mean given the current state of the site, they are happy to have anyone back. Those days like 3 years a go where they wouldn't need to care about anyone as they had the best photographers on their site anyway are clearly over. A lot of good photographers have left the site and if they don't dramatically improve the new site quickly, the trend will continue.
Yup, easy to tell that interest in the site is tanking. Seeing their FB posts about random aviation stories, and the way they write their promotion captions to foster conversation, it's obvious Demand Media is desperate for more traffic [revenue]. But when your users provide 100% of the content and you piss them off by ignoring suggestions or unfair treatment, you get what you deserve. Seriously...how hard is it to avoid promoting non-newsworthy, non-top 5 photos in their first 24 hours? That would have been a tiny change, yet they wouldn't budge.

Airliners.net's latest Alexa graph:

Image
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
User avatar
Guest

Re: Royal King

Post by Guest »

Cary wrote:
Guest wrote: These days it is probably easy to forgive Royal or anyone else. I mean given the current state of the site, they are happy to have anyone back. Those days like 3 years a go where they wouldn't need to care about anyone as they had the best photographers on their site anyway are clearly over. A lot of good photographers have left the site and if they don't dramatically improve the new site quickly, the trend will continue.
Yup, easy to tell that interest in the site is tanking. Seeing their FB posts about random aviation stories, and the way they write their promotion captions to foster conversation, it's obvious Demand Media is desperate for more traffic [revenue]. But when your users provide 100% of the content and you piss them off by ignoring suggestions or unfair treatment, you get what you deserve. Seriously...how hard is it to avoid promoting non-newsworthy, non-top 5 photos in their first 24 hours? That would have been a tiny change, yet they wouldn't budge.

Airliners.net's latest Alexa graph:

Image
Wow, interesting and shocking to see how it is going down.

Todaiy I got presented a shot on the new a.net which has had 2 (!!!!!!) views after 36 hours. This is no joke, but a.net seems to be getting one (unfortunately).
Post Reply