A.net Screening Inconsistency:

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest.

A.net Screening Inconsistency:

Post by Guest »

This one really troubles me...

I have this overview of EWR that I submitted to the queue. It originally gets rejected for low contrast with the attached personal comment from the screener: "Nice photo but needs a bit more contrast. contrast personal"
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/reje ... 9744r1.jpg

Figured, easy fix let me boost the contrast a bit and this should be good to go, especially with the screener being so kind to complement the picture. Today I get the re-edit back with rejection for: quality blurry grainy oversharpened soft dark
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/reje ... 9744r2.jpg

Appealed the photo with a lengthy explanation of this situation only to get it turned down with "screener correct"

I know we have beat the horse to death over and over about screening being subjective and there is no way to standardize screening; HOWEVER, I think this shows way too much variance a need to strive for some sort of standardization. I can understand if you get a rejection for one or two other reasons afterwards but to find 6 more is a bit of an issue, especially with the original screener complementing the image.

Please take this not as a post to complain about the screeners as I thoroughly appreciate the volunteered time and effort put forth. I just wish there was a way to get some better consistency.

Re: A.net Screening Inconsistency:

Post by Guest »

Hmm, the light isn't great (nothing you can do about that), but I don't see how yours is oversharpened when this was acceptable:

(check the runway lines, which are stepped in the accepted version and smooth in yours.

And then this was accepted just 2 years ago:

But yeah, the variation in rejection reasons from one round to the other is annoying.

Post by Guest »

Sun is off to the side in line with the 4s so not much to do about the lighting.

Funny thing is Royal responds by saying it is very blurry and that should have been the rejection from the beginning with the "mistakes happen".

Post by Guest »

Went ahead and used this for part of proving the point. Thanks a lot! I noticed these plus a few others when editing up my image.