More Staff Self-Promotion

Note
This forum is no longer automatically anonymous. If you require anonymity, please log out of your account and post as a guest.

More Staff Self-Promotion

Post by Guest »

"A Qantas A380 arriving at Heathrow Airport in perfect light."

Sorry, but just because the caption says it's perfect light, doesn't mean it's perfect light. Even if a head screener says it. On the other hand, this nice photo, which IS perfect light and much more interesting, is being kept out of the Top 5, because of the biased promotion:

Re: More Staff Self-Promotion

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:"A Qantas A380 arriving at Heathrow Airport in perfect light."

Perfect-ly boring Myrtle Avenue shot :roll: Kinda harsh that light too - Doesn't quite fit with the other 4 fantastic, worthy images.

Post by Guest »

Yet if it was someone else submitting it would have been possibly rejected for harsh lighting and centering. Since it is a HS' picture it gets promoted to allow for unnecessary views. Talk about boosting the view counter...

Post by Guest »

Well, the Qantas ended up with 3,000 views and the 747SP had 9,000, which makes it obvious that the QFA shouldn't have been promoted and was hardly "what the public wanted to see". It would have probably topped out at 500 views without a promotion.

Post by Guest »

Not "staff" per-say, but looks like Sam is uploading again and was given an instant promotion for his troubles:

Post by Guest »

Might be loyal posting there although was surprised to see him getting involved in a FB post slamming the site a few months back :shock:

Post by Guest »

Just 45 minutes after promotion, let's see what the views are like, compared to his other photos uploaded at the same time:

I actually prefer the 787 shot better, yet the 747 has over 15 TIMES more views, thanks to promotion. It already cracked the Top 5, 30 minutes after being promoted.

Post by Guest »

I guess a.net and Sam are back to being best friends. Not sure why they opted to promote the BA 747 shot. Lighting on it to me just sucks. If I submitted that it would have been a rejection for backlit. Goes to show how a.net will accept anything from some and nothing from others.

Post by Guest »

It seems like everything Sam submits now gets accepted and promoted on social media.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:It seems like everything Sam submits now gets accepted and promoted on social media.
Just like old times. I once compared his latest photos at one point a year or two ago versus the A.net promotions and about 90% were promoted, most before they even hit the front page.

Post by Guest »

And another pre-Top 5 Sam promotion. He's had 4 of the 18 photos promoted in the last 4 days. Seems fair that on a site with thousands of photographers, that a single person gets almost a quarter of the promotions... :thumbdown:

And here is an interesting picture I like that got jumped because of the promotion:

Post by Guest »

Another head screener promo, shortly after addition:

and how many regular photographers would get away with a comment like this?

Post by Guest »

Sam with 3 of the 6 photos promoted in the last day. Clearly showing the diversity of all the photographers on the site, as A.net says:

Post by Guest »

Getting tempted to post if they could promote the work of photographers other than Sam as well. I think I had one total picture promoted and they removed it after just a few hours after mine became more popular than a staff members.

Also I am going to test the birthday comment. We'll see if it can get past the screeners. However they were nice and easy on a picture that was screened on my birthday where I commented to them that it is being screened on my birthday...

Post by Guest »

The last 15 photos accepted were only from Screeners. Something is wrong again with the system I guess?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The last 15 photos accepted were only from Screeners. Something is wrong again with the system I guess?
Was just about to post about this. Yes, they say there's an issue with the screening system:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... in/386775/

I love how they always turn site issues into self-promotion time. Notice how they almost always post their best work. And then they act like they're doing everyone else a huge favor. Hey, I don't mind the possibility of my photo getting lost in exchange for virtually no competition for views! Go ahead and experiment with my photos! :lolno: And it always seems to take extra long for things to return to normal...wonder why that is. Oh right, more testing is needed. :roll:

Post by Guest »

I am so pissed... this is bullshit. If there is a problem, shut it down. Or at least take photos from the most amateur photographer, be TRANSPARENT!!! but I guess they are just human and make mistakes...

Post by Guest »

Just post in the thread that you are willing to let your queued images be screened with the understanding they can be lost.

Post by Guest »

Another first-day promotion of a ho-hum shot...I wonder why?

Post by Guest »

Accepted with instant Facebook promotion. Now if this was mine I would have been hit with motive, over sharpened, and told that the house is too much of a focal point and that doesn't work because this is a site about planes. Even the thumbnail on their Facebook page shows only the building and no plane.