Entertaining Replies to a DMCA Takedown

Have an issue with the policies or inconsistencies of a certain website? Received a ridiculous request for your photo? Post about it here.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Entertaining Replies to a DMCA Takedown

Post by Cary »

After a thief posted my photo of N106US to Facebook, then encouraged others to use it as their cover photo, I successfully filed a DMCA Takedown. The reply I received for my arrogant and brazen actions are as follows:
Subject: facebook compalint‏
Sent: Thu 1/16/14 4:49 PM

hi there i`m the person you reported for so called "copyright" i`ve been using this picture for over two years i only do it once a year i don`t why you said it was copyright its not i clearly did not say this picture is mine its not copyrighted if you say it is then go report other people that have done the same you arrogant person plz respond with your reasoning. attached is the picture you said is copyrighted
and after I didn't reply back:
Subject: faebook coompalint‏
Sent: Thu 1/16/14 6:17 PM

i never saw that you commented on the picture my dad said you did i was in bed and never saw it so if you would have messaged me and gave me time to see it. i would appreciate from u to apologize and explanation why you reported it i never saw your warning do you think some people go to bed early have you thought of that your really making mad lets resolve this. i would have messaged you on facebook but it wasn`t letting me
So, to Andrew, here is my public apology for claiming the copyright on the photo I took. If you steal my photo(s) again, I will be sure to give you a heads up so you can delete them before "faebook" does.

Sincerely,
Arrogant
AeroPX on Instagram - https://instagram.com/aeropxdotcom

View my photos: Airliners.net | JetPhotos.net | Flickr
felipegcmh
Business Class
Business Class

Re: Entertaining Replies to a DMCA Takedown

Post by felipegcmh »

This one has to be my #1. Not even a full DMCA takedown or anything, just a polite message. I believe this was a middle school guy or something like that.

View my photos: JetPhotos.net | Flickr
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

Ha, that's amazing. The new "picture taking" is just a couple of clicks away.
felipegcmh wrote:This one has to be my #1. Not even a full DMCA takedown or anything, just a polite message. I believe this was a middle school guy or something like that.

felipegcmh
Business Class
Business Class

Post by felipegcmh »

This one left me speechless just by how much childishness was displayed in a single, decently formatted and grammared sentence.
Cary
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Cary »

felipegcmh wrote:This one left me speechless just by how much childishness was displayed in a single, decently formatted and grammared sentence.
Unfortunately, there's a generation of users who believe all content on the Internet that they can save to their computer is theirs to use however they please :thumbdown:

felipegcmh
Business Class
Business Class

Post by felipegcmh »

Cary wrote:
felipegcmh wrote:This one left me speechless just by how much childishness was displayed in a single, decently formatted and grammared sentence.
Unfortunately, there's a generation of users who believe all content on the Internet that they can save to their computer is theirs to use however they please :thumbdown:
Yes, but some of them are young enough that if you threaten to send the FBI to them they get scared that their parents might ground them or something and they act accordingly, or they just block you from seeing the content, leading to official DMCA takedowns to Facebook/Flickr/Tumblr/etcr.